We can assist with most legal issues relating to children. You might need legal advice in relation to children because your family is experiencing a separation or divorce, because educational issues have arisen or because you are looking to expand your family by way of adoption or surrogacy.
Please look through our pages below for an overview of our areas of expertise and if you would like to discuss any of these further please get in touch.
- Children and Divorce / Separation – Understanding how to help your children through the divorce / separation process.
- Child Contact – Maintaining contact with a child under 16 years old
- Child Residence – Where and with whom a child under the age of 16 years old lives.
- Parental Responsibilities and Rights – An overview of the responsibilities and rights relating to children
- Modern Families: Assisted Donor Conception, Surrogacy and Adoption
- Child Abduction
- Grandparents’ Rights
Schedule a call back Schedule a Call
Over time families change and evolve. One example of this is when a parent forms a new relationship after separating from their child’s other parent. This results in different types ...
With many parents and children living in blended families, a question that will often arise is whether legal steps should be taken by a step parent to adopt the child ...
Senior Associate Morven Douglas looks at a recent case that allowed the appeal of a mother who had wrongfully removed her daughter from Poland to Scotland, and what this means ...
Last week the Scottish Parliament unanimously passed the Children (Scotland) Bill. The Bill will now become law, bringing with it some of the most significant changes to the family court ...