We can assist with most legal issues relating to children. You might need legal advice in relation to children because your family is experiencing a separation or divorce, because educational issues have arisen or because you are looking to expand your family by way of adoption or surrogacy.
Please look through our pages below for an overview of our areas of expertise and if you would like to discuss any of these further please get in touch.
- Children and Divorce / Separation – Understanding how to help your children through the divorce / separation process.
- Child Contact – Maintaining contact with a child under 16 years old
- Child Residence – Where and with whom a child under the age of 16 years old lives.
- Parental Responsibilities and Rights – An overview of the responsibilities and rights relating to children
- Surrogacy – Outlining how surrogacy works in the UK and the legal implications.
- Child Abduction
- Grandparents’ Rights
Schedule a call back Schedule a Call
It was recently reported that an anonymous male same-sex couple in Scotland are due to become the first to receive IVF for a surrogate in the UK. This marks a progressive ...
Surrogacy Law Now Changed to Allow Applications from Single Parents – and it applies retrospectively for 6 months
The 3 January 2019 brought a change to UK surrogacy law, allowing single parents to apply for a parental order for the first time. We previously reported on this new ...
Years of campaigning, a High Court case and a snap General election later and we finally have sight of the surrogacy reforms being laid before parliament. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology ...
Family Lawyer Denise Laverty discusses no-fault divorce, comparing the English and Scottish divorce systems in light of the UK Government’s open consultation on Reforms of the Legal Requirements for divorce. Three ...